iclimabuilt project aims to form a cross-domain business ecosystem combining the capabilities of different experts, building the connection between suppliers and users, based on the cooperation within interdisciplinary entities to support new product development/upscaling and testing, satisfy customer needs based on a case-by-case assessment of the underlying barriers of each technology, and eventually incorporate the next round of innovations in building envelope materials and technical systems. The goal here is to support the translation of research results into innovations and help small high-tech firms to scale up and cope with the continuous rising of technological complexity and by providing a Single-Entry-Point for necessary infrastructures and tools to test, validate and upscale new technological solutions.
iclimabuilt will do so with the aim to accelerate the development of additional leading-edge technology by focusing on:
• materials development (for improved thermal and functional performance of building envelope solutions),
• design and assembly of technical systems (fully customizable, flexible, modular and de-mountable aesthetic designs),
• monitoring and characterization strategies to support decision-making (fully monitored living labs and nonresidential nZEBs),
• dissemination and exploitation activities (increased market and societal acceptance of validated products through the testbed),
• refined and expedited access to financing solutions to reinforce the competitiveness and extroversion of SMEs, all translated to “6 building blocks” in the project.
Thus, considering the building as a system, a mix of measures tailored to specific regions and applications, their combination and synergistic integration is critical to attain the most efficient solution for the transition to sustainable buildings.
OSM is offering support in the field of exploitation, dissemination activities, market potential technology watch, web identity and data management.